RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 19:47:44 -0700
>Well, we put in a pond with a little water fall and a mediums size spray
>fountain that puts out a pleasant natural (though electric powered) sound.
>It wasn't enough this morning though.  They don't keep me up, they just
>penatrate me in a way I don't like, at all!  We're going to put more
>fountains in, I'd like to put some in the house too - sonic aikido.

We had a friend (a real character, artsy-farsty as hell but also
mafioso-ish) who made these really cool waterfall things with levels
dropping to levels--of all sizes: some where meant to be mounted on the
wall like a picture and some were garden size. But they were really
simple--just a small aqaurium pump to get the water to the top pool (a bowl
shape pounded out of scrap metal) which would overflow a spout-like area
into the next pool and on down. A great sound from very little water and
they looked really cool. Always thought of making one someday...

>More news about Moving Books.  We received a contract.  It's pretty scarry
>though.  They get 55%, we pay shipping, they pay us with 90 day postdated
>checks, we absorb all returns, they don't send us anything unless we sell.
>I tell you the book business is a business.  We'll probably take it because
>we need to get started.  Fortuanetely they don't demand a monogomous
>relationship.

Yikes, sounds like it'd cost you money on every book, at least in the
beginning. On the other hand, even with a mainstream publisher one is lucky
to clear a dollar per book. We're soon sending off outlines, sample chaps,
etc to a few publishers. Ours is more the Fit For Life I&II of instincto.
Would make a nice trio of books available in English: yours (visceral,
personal, environmental), Bruno's (sciency) and ours (mainstream all the
way). Who knows, but I'd bet any sales of one would also boost the other.
That's nice...

But I'm getting way ahead of myself here: chances are slim for any
publication I suspect.

Do keep us posted on any news, reviews, etc. And we may have a pretty clean
draft in the mail to you by Xmas...

Cheers,
Kirt

Hi Deborah!