RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 18:11:16 -0700
> Ellie
> >What bothers me is that a gift
> >of knowledge so beatiful and healing for so many could have been given to
> >Burger without a means to use it.

> Deborah
> I don't quite grasp what you are conveying by the phrase "without a means
> to use it".

I just mean that it should be workable despite the risks, and not
something that must be abandoned.
> Ellie
> > It's almost anti-spiritual to believe
> >that something that could save mankind from suffering is not workable.
> Deborah
> Or, maybe it's anti-spiritual to believe that something could save
> mankind from suffering.  Maybe suffering, in addition to pleasure,
> suffuses spirituality.

I couldn't agree with you more. I find recovery from physical and
emotional (both physical IMO) very painful. I should add 'save mankind
from suffering once the healing is complete; (sometimes I think only in
the next life,:-) that needed a smiley.) and preserve the human race. I
complain to my higher power frequently about this.

> >Some have died, or nearly died, and I could be next (not from an amoeba
> >though).
>
> >From what?  Are you okay?

I'm not the greatest with words. e-mail isn't always easy in
communicating I realize.  If I have an amoeba it's not deadly. I
walked around with one for a year and most people in Chinatown do also
I've heard. I'm fine, but if I continue eating RAF, I do take risks

> >Question: What cuts of meat would be farthest away from the intestinal
> >tract?
>
> I don't know but will ask the butcher departments at our gourmet/health
> food markets here and let you know.   One that occurs to me is shoulder.
> Zephyr has eaten it and says he likes it, but it's very tough.

Thanks, I'll ask my butcher also. After reading Dr. Klaper's letter, it
might be a good caution.

My best,

Ellie