RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:22:32 +0200
Jean-Claude:

>I needed fat badly and was atracted in my mind to olives ...

Oh yes - after the avocados the olives followed (natural ones from
Orkos). I began to introduce protein combinations: macadamias
followed by avocados and olives to round up the meal.

>Things changed when i allowed myself to eat more animals fats last
>winter even when i could not get the top quality of purely grass fed
>or wild animals.

After a while I also started eating meat and at this point I overcame
my problem with fatty meat. Until then I couldn't tolerate the fat
that came with meat. It was a purely psychical problem. When the
need was so big after the mercury removal I watched that I needed
huge amounts of lean meat and felt unsatisfied but when I ate some
fat together with the meat I needed much less and was more satisfied.
So I began to include the fat and finally can now eat pure animal
fat - mostly the soft one (unsaturated) and the psyche doesn't com-
plain any longer. I find the hard (saturated) fats mostly
unattractive.
They do not melt in my mouth.

>I read that avocados contain a compound that inhibit the secretion of
>insuline, it give  me an explanation why when i overate fruits i was
>eating lot of avocados (to limit the oversecretion of insuline?)
>could be the same for strict vegan.?

Yes, this is a good explanation.

Instinctive greetings,

Stefan