RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:23:11 -0800
Jo Yoshida wrote:
 It took me more than a "clean"
> diet to work through my emotional and mental issues.

For me too. I've been all raw, mostly Instincto, for four years, but the
toxicosis in the brain is primarily from endogenous sources. It starts
with the suppression of negative emotions in childhood, especially
anger. The brain is periodically trying to detox itself, hence the
outbursts of anger, and other emotional and mental issues. The exogenous
toxins add to the problem, but usually have a sedating effect. People
with toxic minds crave sugar, for example, to suppress the symptoms. The
symptoms are not caused by the sugar, but by the repression of emotions.

Finally, I am free of all those negative emotional outbursts and still
on my diet, which seems to be working for me. What is even more
wonderful, is that now that my brain is cleared out, it can manage the
daily process of detoxification in the periphery. More problems that we
realize are psychosomatic.

I did some brief experiential therapy like primal therapy, some ACOA,
and mostly a lot of self-help measures, some of which are found on the
Primal Psychotherapy Page.
http://www.net-connect.net/~jspeyrer/

I am retired from medical research and was doing research in biological
psychiatry and physiology for forty years. My paper about all this is
still in peer-review at the medical journal, so I can't put the details
of the theory on the Net until I have their permission, but it bears
very much on our efforts to improve our health through nutrition.

My best, Ellie