RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:32:00 EST

<< a while ago there was an article reprinted in m2m talking about "why do we
 heat some of our foods". in a nutshell, some higher plants are toxic and
 heat has been used on certain foods to make them less toxic. even survival
 of human race over other plant eating species has been linked in this
 article to the 'maillard reaction' (simply using heat to prepare the food).

Tatiana is back!!!!!!!!

Yes this makes sense in the wild...

There are two things going on here...

1. Humans are brilliant creatures and cooking was a brilliant invention that
allowed them to flourish and survive...

2. Humans generally cause some self-harm when they create a brilliant
invention (cars, polyester, etc.)...

Our choice, if we choose to accept it, is to give up cars, polyester, tv,
cooked food, whatever we want, and we can reap the benefits of removing the
harm...

And then, never say never, and when we need a car, we use a car, and when we
are in the desert with the Aborigines and they makes us stew, we eat the stew,
because raw it might kill us!

I feel better without synthetic materials on my body, but when it's cold out,
I wear my jacket and am warm and protected.

Aaron