RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:01:45 -0500
Stefan:

>I recently ate app. 4 lb of slightly salty organic olives and... well,
>I gained 5kg of body weight and lost it during the 10 days after I had
>stopped eating those olives. My legs got very thick aswell as my ankles.
>Just stored water.

Just curious: did you eat 4 lbs at the same meal??? And have you tried
yourself to compare refined and natural salt *in the same context*, e.g.
organic olives with natural salt?

In my case, salt doesn't seem to make any difference: I have roughly the
same weight as when I was on cooked, salty food. After my week in Germany,
I didn't gain (or lose) a pound. And I occasionally eat salty organic
olives (about 300 grams each time).

Speaking about olives: the fresh olives I bought 4 months ago became
completely dry after 3 months. I tasted them recently, but they were too
dry, and I didn't like them much, although they became more edible than
fresh. I also tried soaking them 24 hours, without much success. I think
they will soon finish in the trash.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis