RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 11:25:16 -0500
Hi Jean-Louis!

Good to hear from you again.

You write:
> << On the 2nd and the 3rd day, since the nervous system needs glucose,
> the body uses gluconeogenesis, which means that muscle protein is
> transformed into glucose. >>

This is not really an important distinction at all - but I had understood
that the process of transforming synthesizing glucose from the glycogen
stored in muscle tissue is called glycolysis,  and that gluconeogenesis
refers to the synthesizing of glucose from liver stores of glycogen somewhat,
but primarily from other compounds which can be used for this. This is just
semantics - nothing to do with the concepts, of which it looks like we have
the same understanding.

Soooo - have you fasted? Were you happy with it? Any bad problems with it?

I enjoy your letters - they are thoughtful and thorough and considerate!

Love, Liza