RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 97 17:09:52 -0700
Roy:
>On a related note, I was hoping that Z would broach this subject
>in public on his own. But I defer to your judgement. You were one
>of the key figures, and I understand that you were instrumental
>in helping select the correct avenue of treatment.

>As a fan and well wisher of Z's I wish him a speedy recovery,
>and I look forward to his insights into this question.

That is very kind of you to say Roy.  I do seem to be recovering well, I
have no one to compare to of course as far as time.  I'm finally walking
some:  like Frankenstein from Auschwitz, kind of lumbering on my skinny
legs, but staying up.  I am done with the Vermox, the de-worming pills,
and it looks like it's just between me and my body as far as healing on
that realm.  Today I had some Manning's natural beef, which is the first
meat, discounting egg yolks, I've had for about six weeks.  We'll see how
that settles and works.

I feel Deborah was/is an incredible organizer, decision maker, nurturer,
mother, and so much more.  She made many very difficult decisions that I
probably wouldn't have chosen in my desire for "naturalness."  I'm quite
sure that I would have died if not for the allopathic support I received.
 Perhaps I could have healed through herbs, etc. but a good tool shortens
labor.

As for instincto theory.  I've been thinking about this.  I don't have
any conclusions, but I do know I will not be eating varmints, including
rats, mice, gophers, mongoose, and other not often eaten by people foods
again or ever.  I will stick to tried and true foods, especially meats.
My days of experimenting like that are over.  You know, the idea that we
don't get disease eating instinctively, period, is obviously absurd.  I
don't doubt people have been dying of parasites and worms since we began.
 Things die, period.  Nonetheless, I still feel that eating instinctively
is "the lost knowledge of optimum nutrition."  Certainly, this near death
experience has, as they say, changed me forever, and I'm not about to
become paranoid, fearing a worm or a fluke in everything.  I will be more
cautious and intelligent, and less invulnerable and carefree with meats
for sure, but I consider this new information to add into my
understanding, not validation to dis instincto.

>Peter:
>>As Denis pointed out last week predators in the
>>wild more often than not are infested with parasites and are best not
>>eaten raw.

>Roy:
>I'm unclear on what the official instincto pronouncement is on this:

>(1) Parasites didn't exist in paleolithic times.

This I doubt

>(2) Paleolithic humans were instinctively able to discern a
>    carcass of a predator from a non-predator, and their instinct
>    was primed to ignore the former.

Probably, and probably some died
.
>(3) We are too feeble from generations of cooked food (or our genes
>    are too weak from science interfering with natural selection)
>    that our bodies don't react the same way as paleolithic humans.

I don't know, I'm sure this affects us but...

>(4) A lack of true original foods impairs us from coping with
>    parasites.

I kinda doubt it.

>(5) This is a flaw in Instincto theory.

Instincto theory is a headtrip created by Guy Claude and promoted by
folks like me, Bruno, Kirt, Pangaia, et al.  It's a theory.  Yeah, every
other animal on earth only eats raw food, okay so there's some empirical
evidence.  But past how I feel, and how much I enjoy food, the theories
don't have too much value.  I want to live and enjoy life, and I'm not
going to limit myself to instincto theory or any theory to do that.  If I
need help, I'll receive it.

Life is sexually transmitted...and always fatal,

Sreehc,

Zephyr