RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 11:06:24 EDT
Jai, Rex, and others:

Jai wrote:
<< "Twenty-Five Ways to Spot Quacks and Vitamin Pushers,  By Stephen
Barrett, M.D.   Victor Herbert, M.D., J.D.  >>

I'm not familiar with Stephen Barrett, but Victor Herbert is well known as
publically attacking  ANYTHING "alternative"or non-AMA in any way shape or
form. He definately has an agenda - which evidently is blanket rejection and
discrediting of every aspect of the alternative health movement. I've just
completely ignored anything he has to say, because he is obviously so biased
that his opinions are worthless.

I've always wondered what was driving this mission of his - and then
recently on the raw list someone mentioned where the funding comes from for his
books, tapes and public appearances. I've forgotten for the moment what this was
(can be found in the archives over there),  but it made sense at the time.
Herbert is just the paid spokesperson for an organized attack on the alternative
health movement.

I don't see him as a force to worry about at all, really. People are hungry
for health care that makes sense.  As I see it there is an unstoppable wave
of public outcry against the medical/drug/insurance/food establishment as it
exists right now - and a great hunger for humane and sensible alternatives.
Actually the stupid NFL probably does more to discredit health alternatives
than Victor Herbert.

Anyway, that's my opinion on that! For whatever its worth!

Love, Liza
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)