RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 12:16:47 -0400
Karl:
> Even when one eats only small amounts of a toxic substance,
> he will keep his tolerance against that stuff forever. So
> if one always eats some cooked food, the body never can
> detoxify the remains of that stuff. And IMHO the body
> will never be able to really digest the (some) raw food.
> I often made the experience that only after a detox
> "crisis" my body was able to accept or digest a food
> that was unusable before.

I have to disagree here.  *Some cooked food have a low (or maybe zero) level of toxicity,
such as
steamed vegetables.  *I have never had any detox crisis. In fact, I don't know what detox is
like, and how to be sure that it is actually detox and not "tox".
 *When I began raw food last year (after a fast), my digestion was
FANTASTIC. I could overeat, make nasty combinations of 10 different foods
and still have well-formed and odorless stools. Despite (or because?) I
ate 100% raw, my digestion gradually deteriorated, to the point that I had
watery stools every day a few months ago. It's only by decreasing the
amount of fruit that my stools became normal (about 1-2 months ago).

Best,

Jean-Louis