RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 22:49:30
>From:	"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>

>He was also able to easily make the case that tribes which ate meat
> tended to be bigger, stronger and able to easily dominate those who
>didn't. Some of the side effects of being dominated may have resulted
>in the non-meat-eating tribes' deficiencies
>and health problems.

This is a good example of defining health in different ways.  Don't
forget that I always come at it from the standpoint of maximal life
extension.  Height at maturity is directly correlated with protein
consumption (especially animal protein) and inversely correlated
with lifespan.  If you want tall kids, fine, but you are shortening
their lives.  And anything which shortens lifespan also increases
cancer incidence (especially animal protein, & protein in general
above minimal requirements - which are a lot less than most would
probably suspect).  Take a look a NFL players sometime.  Do they
really look healthy to you?  I think too many on this list mistake
emaciation for ill-health, when actually it has a lot going for it.

--Doug Schwartz