RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 02:29:56 -0800
>Peter B writes:

>>> Not that I want to burst your illusion, but Ray Kent is one of the
>>>most bigoted and prejudiced human beings I have ever met.  He is a total
>>> control freak who tolerates no opposition, and is sitting on so
>>>much anger & resentment it will take him many incarnations to resolve
>>>it. He is hardly an authority on issues of peace or spirit and
>>>certainly not one on health & diet.  What he does have is a lot of charisma,
>>> which attracts a lot of women devotees, and the power that follows
>>> somebody who has the complete courage of his convictions.

>someone named rob writes:

>>HOW YOU possibly say this? The Kents lovewisdoms of the world are
>intense/I'm a 46 year old nam vet and his truth hits home w/ me. Maybe
>>you need to take a look at yourself instead of condeming people
>> that actuually live and walk the walk. You will find more
>>superficial	"Devotees" on your network and e-mail than you ever will
>>by following a Ray Kent or J Lovewisdom. Please don't denigrate women
>>by saying this.

>I didn't find any denegration of women in Peter's post. Support your
>accusation or apologize. Or better yet, hold your sour tongue. Peter
>is welcome to his opinion and has blessed veg-raw with many many fine
>posts. Your post, on the other hand, appears to defy the charter of
>veg-raw on several counts.

>Rob, what veg-raw specializes in is independent thought, not
>"intensely" following a "network". Most veg-raw subscribers don't find
>it useful, polite, or necessary to attack people for their well-spoken
>views on the validity of a particular way of thinking, or their take
>on the shortcomings of a particular poo-ba who holds themselves up as
>the Ultimate Source of Knowledge. As for walking one's talk, I think
>Peter is well down that road, where it appears that you are walking
>someone's else's talk. There is a big difference, and if your venom is
>simililar to your guru's (which seems likely) then Peter is probably
>right on target in his characterization of Ray Kent.

>It may help you to know that Peter has no "devotees" on the "network".
>Indeed, one of the biggest threads discussed on veg-raw is the
>relationship between individual experience and various theories and
>paradigms, especailly as regards a raw food diet. Lighten up or move
>on, Roy.
>
>Cheers,
>Kirt

Kirt, thanks for standing up for me! Though I am hardly in a position
to disagree with what you say :-), after reading your post I would not
want to mess with you or anybody else on this list. :-/  I would like
everybody to feel free to express themselves and not feel they have to
censor themselves out of fear of immediate repercussions from possibly
offending somebody. Considering this was Bob's first posting and the
fact he was standing up for someone he really believes in, I think you
might have been a little harsh with him possibly only to confirm his
preconceived ideas about this list. So my devotees, let us all shake
hands and anybody who wants to critizice me for attacking Ray Kent do
it now while I restrain Kirt. ;-)

Best, Peter