RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Boyar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 97 22:39:24 -0700
Dear Stefan,

>Orkos Diffusion does tests with food sent to them if you request for this.
>Maybe it sounds a bit as if the main vendor of instinctive food makes test
>for instincto quality and there is some dependency. But so far I haven't
>heard of any case where they cheated. People sent in samples with wrong de-
>clarations to find out and they were always right in their judgement.

This sounds reasonable.  If Zephyr wants to do it, we can certainly
consider it.  I wonder, though, what options he'll be left with if none
of his RAFs pass the tests!  Also, how do the tests work?  Does an
experienced instincto eat the foods and try to detect a taste change?
And, if none appears, does the food fail the test?  What if we had sent
in the mongoose before Zephyr ate it?  Would they have tested it?  Are
they willing to taste most anything?

> If you think it would make things easier you can request
>them to send the results to me (Stefan Joest) and I would then email them to
>you. The results should be given in german then.

Thank you for this offer, and for being so precise about all the
instructions, Stefan.  I truly appreciate your interest and care for us.

With kindest regards,

Deborah