RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Irene King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:46:26 PST
I feel that the success of the human race has been because we have had
the ability to manipulate our food (i.e., cook, preserve, soak, etc.)
and therefore make otherwise toxic or inedible foods available for our
use.  NFL types absolutely HATE to hear that, but until someone shows me
otherwise, I will continue to hold that view.  I think that humans have
gone too far afield in cooking way too many things, but overall, I
really don't feel that cooking many foods is necessarily bad.

I feel that many of today's chronic health problems is due to the fact
that we over cook, over process, over manipulate, etc., etc., etc., our
basic food sources and that we don't do anything naturally anymore.  To
some people, eating a salad and maybe an apple is as far as they're
willing to go for raw food.

Irene