RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric (Ric) Lambart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 03:24:31 -0700
Roy,

Try calling EarthSave Hdq. in Santa Cruz.  They'll give you the names of
some Vegan MD's in San Fransisco who can help you out.

Last I heard Michael Klaper (MD) was down in Pompano Beach, Florida, and he
could definitely help you, especially since he is now quite up on raw eating
peculiarities and Natural Hygiene, although not a NH practitioner himself.
His e-mail used to be:

He can tell you who to see.

If you don't mind going north of S.F., you can contact Alan Goldhamer, DC,
who set up the Center for Conservative Therapy in Penngrove...tel. no.
707.792.2325.  Alan is probably your best bet, or one of his staff
(including his wife, Jennifer Marano) and some other DC's, all of whom are
authentic Natural Hygienic Practitioners.  He used to have an MD on staff as
well, but maybe he if on his own now in the same area: Ronald G. Gridland,
MD, possibly in nearby Rohnert Park.  These folks are all supposedly
familiar with the pure Hygienic diet (all raw), even though none of them
personally live that way...in fact, I don't believe there are ANY of the
Hygienic practitioners that practice the preachings of their exhalted
master, Herbert Shelton (who himself didn't quite go all raw).

Dr. Virginia Vetrano, DC and MD, both, would be a good bet, but I don't know
where she is in Texas anymore.  As I recall she was often on the raw diet
herself...so would have personal experience.  The lady who would know how to
reach her would be Ms. Sophi Holzgreen, the President of the NH Society Los
Angeles.  Her tel. no. is: 213.388.4332.  You can tell Sophie that Ric
Lambart suggested you call her.

Take your pick from the above.  Your cholesterol problem is not at all
unheard of among vegans on the cooked dietary, but have never heard of it
occuring on the raw diet. Michael Klaper and John McDougal, MD (also up
above S.F. somewhere) are two of the most active MD's in the U.S. vegan
field, so they can give you some clinical rationales for your strange situation.

Good luck...

Ric