RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Axel Makaroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:54:55 -0300
liza may wrote:

>And then there's just that lovely habit of GLUTTONY.

without a smiley? do you mean it? i personally dislike gluttony VERY
MUCH.
i function so differently when i eat just enough in comparison to
eating
for other reasons, what of course is always too much. it carries such
negative vibe to me at least, so bad. and i have done it plenty, and
it
is always this stuffed dead heavy vibe. i don't know what your
experience
with it is, it might be different from mine.

Lots of
>cultures encourage it, especially the ones where poverty and
>starvation is part of the heritage.

it is very bad in my opinion that poverty exists, but gluttony don't
you
think is a no-no health-wise? sure it is a survival mechanism and all
that, plenty of calories now maybe who knows when are we going to eat
next,
we survive and maybe our children will live, etc, but still, isn't it
VERY
unhealthy for several reasons, both long term and short term?

>And people eat for all kinds of emotional reasons (my particular area of
>interest and specialization.)

could i ask you specifically what do you work at? (just curious -;)

regards,

axel makaroff