RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dean Fienberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 20:51:56 -0700
I've been running 5 miles a day on a raw food diet with no problems.  In
fact, I can run much longer an easier than I ever did before I started
this diet.

I've been thinking, however, of adding weight lifting to my exercise
regimen, but keep putting it off cause everyone I know says terrible
things will happen to me because my diet isn't substantial enough.

Does anyone out there know anything about this subject?  Anyone tried
weight lifting on a raw food diet?  Would I need watch my protein intake
carefully (through sprouts and the like) extra carefully?  And does one
really bulk up like meat eaters do upon weight lifting?

Dean