RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:09:16 -0800
>Never, I mean NEVER, get sick.  I
> -> - Gregg!!!
hello Gregg ,i thought like that too after 10 years of raw food. i was
never
getting sick ever but read the folowing.comments after Elora's  one.

>Hooray, Horray for you. And I've been eating like this for five years
>now, and definitely believe bacteria, etc, are useful to clean up the
>mess. And I too never get sick anymore. My cat too loves raw chicken and
>liver. We fight over it.
>
>From Gregg again,
>"For me I believe that being sick is just like a thought form.."
>
>Only I can't agree about the above. All the symptoms of sickness I used
>to have were detox crises. If you really want NEVER to get sick, try the
>self help measures in my article to clear out the sympathetic nervous
>system that controls the detoxes.

I can only support Elora comment here because of my own recent
experience.
1st i have a chronic disease ( no cortisol or thyroxine secreted and
auto
immune processes against hormonals glands)
When i switched to raw food it made an end to the need of having
yearly
desintoxification crises ( cold, flu and alike)
i didn't get sick for years.
2  winters ago , i got staph infection in Hawai ( endemic there,  even
the
natives get it ) and had to stay in bed for 2 months. It is true that
the
infection was not the direct reason, because i stubbornly stayed on
the same
intake of cortisone ( despite the medical advice that  i should
augment
drastically the dose in case of stress on my body , something that a
normal
person will do, by secreting more cortisone.)
when i augmented my daily dose ,the wound that stagnated for 2 months
,
healed in few days. ( really powerfull hormone).
The most important point in regard of Elora comment is that, : this
out of
control ,symptomatic manisfestation of desintoxification processes
correlate
very strictly to an emotional crises in my life. I was reexperiencing
the
emotional and physical  state in wich i was ,just before i got
diagnosed  of
addison disease(18 years ago). I was a wreck emotionally  and
physically
unable to express with my body the anger sadness or whatever  emotions
got
symptomised( i never saw this verb before am i making it?) . emotions
that
didn't found their right pathway.
So for sure there is more than what you eat to stay healthy,
i was used to "monitor" any showing up of symptoms with what i ate
with the
help of the instinctive selection of food.
it worked for years , keeping any viruses and bacterias work in the
symptomless range ( or at least very mild), but that time it just was
not
enough, i was dealing with what i feel is the core of why and how i
got sick
in the 1st place 18 years ago . something more important that what my
mother
or i got to eat before that collapse of my adrenal glands ( seat of
the
flight or fligh reaction)
this answer was with Gregg in Mind
But Elora ,about that , i have some  comments and questions.
I think when they talk about the fight or flight reaction ,scientists
are
forgetting something, because in my case i choose the freeze reaction.
could not experience the anger at the time, so unable to fight,  i
could not
experience the fear ever that was behind,  so unable to fligh,. in a
seminconscious state, i choose to become numb ,lifeless and freeze(
almost
to death, i stopped secreting cortisol)
This reaction of freezing is common in Nature among animal who choose
that
means of defense in front of a predator ( they hide and play dead) .
it si
just for them a temporary state followed often by a flight reaction or
fight if caught. In my case i just  got immobilised and could not get
over
it with my own means the cortisol shot brought me back to living
again.
So would you have a physiological explanation of what i am talking
about?
I read your writings more than one time, and i know there is something
for
me in it but i can't get a clear picture of what can i do concretelly
,i get
blank when faced with some emotions. With my wife i get triggered in
anger
or deep hurt and i can't get to choose an other reaction than freezing
or
sometimes yelling ( that helps in the short term but have to face the
consequences so end up freesing anyway)
By redirecting the emotions to their primary source what do you
means.?
Yelling to your parents in your own  mind, go outside and chopping
wood or
carving in it,  your mother's face with an axe or what?
Litterally running away seems to me a good way,  at least it release
something but is it a lasting release , a true liberation or just a
temporary one. ? i don't  manage to do it often so i don't know.
What do you think?
thanks
jean-claude