RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:57:38 -0500
>Ben:
>>Who has had positive/health-promoting experiences with therapies that
>>complement nutrition?  I was thinking along the lines of anything aimed at
>>mitigating/treating chronic ills.  While I have been very pleased to see
how
>>nutrition is helping my body heal, I am also interested in _carefully_
>>exploring complementary therapies.

I sincerely want to thank everyone who gave suggestions for alternative
therapies.  I'll give a brief update on what I have experienced in the last
few weeks:

TCM - I was unable to find anyone in the area specifically practicing TCM.

Massage Therapy/Accupressure:
I did find a wonderful place in town that specializes in this.  For two
weeks in a row, I have been seeing a lady who has been working my body over
with massage and accupressure.  At the present I am confused as to whether
or not it will be beneficial.  I can tell you this; I know that _somthing_
is going on, because I really feel different.  Unfortunately, that different
feeling is a feeling like all of the stored toxins have been released into
my blood stream at once!  I have been drinking water and eating eggs like
crazy to help arrest some of this floating around in my body.  I imagine
that this is a _good_ thing, but nevertheless, I didn't know that massage
therapy would force such a release of stored toxins.

I'm going to continue my weekly sessions for the time being, and I'll let
you all know if anything noteworthy happens.  Once again, thanks for the
very kind and helpful information that many of you shared.

regards,

-Ben

"Try not.   Do.   Or do not.   There is no try."    -Yoda