RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 13:27:00 -0800
this arrived from Morris last night. It is a brief supplement to his long
"Exeter Notes" post on the raw-food and veg-raw lists a few weeks ago.
The only change I made was to reformat his lines (some were over 400
characters long), so that they are less than 80 characters.

Regards,
Tom Billings

============begin material by Morris Krok==============

Subject: add on's exeter notes

        3a. After the second world war, I cannot remember the year but it
was while I was still living in Johannesburg that a survivor of a
concentration camp mentioned that when they were freed, he did not make
the mistake that others were making by eating large amounts of food all
at once. He first drank fairly large amounts of water before introducing
small amounts of food into his system. The others that gorged themselves
became sick and vomited.

        4d. Before I had started studying yoga or practising it, a friend
of mine mentioned how his cousin was feeling wonderful by doing the yoga
exercises. He had obtained benefits even though he had not made dramatic
changes to his diet. During this same period I remember how a yogi in the
lotus pose on the dust jacket of a book displayed in the window of a
bookshop made a deep impression on me.

        4e. In the early fifties, I was enamoured with the writings of
Edgar Allan Poe so much so that I learnt pages off by heart of his short
story - "The Fall of the House of Usher." Often I could not obtain his
book at the library as it was always in great demand. No doubt his writings
was possibly the instrument that encouraged me to write and have a love
affair with the English language. Of all of Poe's short stories the one
that intrigued me most or what I most enjoyed was the Gold-Bug. When I
first composed these notes I had forgotten about my interest in Poe's
writings and the many hours I spent on them until I wrote a little
computer programme on shorthand and code deciphering that I began to
think of the cryptic message on the parchment in the Gold-Bug and how
quickly it could be deciphered using present day software.