RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Micaela Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 18:30:53 -0700
Paul, if you needed to rest for more time than you exercised, I would
agree that you may have overdone it a little.

Micaela

>>Within a few weeks I was up to 45 minutes of walking, including 25
>>minutes at a brisk pace.

Paul
This is pretty similar to what I've done for most of the past year, so
now I want to pick up the pace a bit (and I find jogging gives me a
sense of stress release I can't get with walking).

Micaela
An easier way to break into jogging is to walk for 4 minutes and
jog/sprint for a minute. Get your breath back while walking and then
jog/sprint again.
As time goes on you will be able to run more, without the overly tired
experience. The goal should be to be able to converse with someone while
running and the total recovery time after exercise should be less than
the time spent exercising.

You mentioned in another note that you thought that sweating releases a
lot of toxins. While this is true, I believe (without scientific proof)
that only a portion of the toxins actually escape through your sweat
glands. The majority of toxins are actually wondering around your body
waiting for the other organs to help with the elimination. Knowing which
of your elimination organs are the weakest can help you to find the food
or supplementation that you need to help with the rest of the cleanse
stimulated by the exercise.

Good Luck, Micaela