RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christian Schlepphorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 12:14:52 +0100 (MET)
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>Michael said:
>>I bought a low-temperature pot that "cooks" at about 70 degrees
>>celsius (and takes four hours). They claim leucocytosis (sp?) won't
>>happen at low temperatures. I was very suprised to get *taste stops*
>>from beets and potatoes prepared this way. With "conventionally"
>>steamed veggies I was overeating all the time...

>Do you have the name & address of the company?

>Best, Peter

It was *me* who posted this (if I remember well...).

This low-temperature device is called "Stuplich-Topf" and was invented
by a german jeweler who now produces and sells it. I read somewhere
that his wife left him and he was to busy to cook for himself. So he
invented a simple device that prepares all food automatically.
It consists of a ceramic bowl heated from the walls with 100 or
170W. A light plastic lid covers the bowl. One fills the bowl with
well-covered cups of grains, vegetables etc. in two layers (below
there will be more heat) and then programs a timer for the time
needed. Most things take about four hours.
Especially grains prepared this way are *very* fine. The flavor of
vegetables is more intense (as almost no water is needed), with beets
it became even earthy and unpleasant after eating several slices
(which were delicious in the beginning - I considered that a taste
stop).
Just sad that I stopped eating cooked food again... ;-)
For everyone including some cooked stuff in his diet, I can recommend
this cooking method.
I don't know whether he sells his pot abroad but I could
inquire. Nevertheless here's his adress:

Rai Stuplich, Goergenstra"se 7 , D-56068 Koblenz, Germany

The price was 280 DM or so, this would be ca 180-200$

Best regards

Christian