RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 01:38:27 -0800
->> YOur experience makes me confirm the idea that the inprint of the early
>> experiences during foetus time and infancy or early childhood are
>> determining big time the preferences of taste later on.
>
>Huh?

I responded not explicitely enough and too quickly ,i was responding to this
exchange

>jean-claude:
>> the addictive aromas created by half
>> burning it ( once weaned from them they are not attractive anymore )
>KIrt
>I respect your experience, yet that has not been my experience. After over
>eight years all raw (and with plenty of RAF) the two smells that were
>_extremely_ attractive to both my wife and I were barbecued meat and
steamed
>veggies. Both of which are a staple in our diet these days...

>I just wanted to aknowledge that the weaning of an aromatic conpound for
some years is not enough to clear from the desire to it. The early
neurological pathways formed during
the first encounters with the substance is determining of later preferences.

>> for ex my wife having had ,as a routine ,carrot juice in a bottle when a
>> baby  have a taste for carrot that is enormous.
>
>Perhaps you can share for the list how your son's teeth are doing? Many
>folks here are impressed with Weston Price's work on traditional diets and
>your offspring may make an interesting comparison.

Hoping there is a relationship...

My wife was not eating a traditional diet in any way during pregnancy and
then the diagnosis of toxoplasmosis can explain the stealing of calcium from
the 8 front tooths to form the cystes to enclose the protozora . The problem
have been obvious as soon the teeths showed up.  the enamel was deffective
.The molars are not affected.
Nothing to compare .

>> The weanning of any aromas for some years is not going to erase this of
>> memory easely.
>
>And you ate raw foods from birth? Am I missing something?

I don't have an early attachment to the smell of cooked meat more a
repulsion even when i was enjoying eating it .

>> If i was presented to the smell of tomatopaste sourcream soup i will
>> certainlly salivate on it
>
>Huh?

The smell  of this concoction will be capable of reminding me of a nice
experience

>> May be the smell of burned fatty meats juices is associated ( for me not
the
>> neighbour )  with having to stop the playing to help set up the table or
>> more simply with a reduced level of oxygene in a badly ventilated
>> appartment.
>
>Huh? I don't live in an apartment.

You see i was clearly not talking about you and you are thinking i am trying
to explain your experience . for you,  next time i will be carefull about
underlying the I's  in my statement
I was giving possible reasons why once weaned from the cooked meats the
smell became repulsive to me .

>I am puzzled by what you are trying to
>convey.

I see that!  even when I state something you suppose some hidden meanings.

jean-claude