RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
cyberonic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:53:52 -0400
Robert:
>After reading the Clara Davis report. I'm not sure it proves anything
>except children had preferences day by day. It does not support
>instinctive eating of raw nor non raw foods.

Yes, that was my point.

Robert: I never said anything different.

>She gave both cooked and raw and the children ate
>both. They ate foods that supported their health and growth and nutrition
>as well as they could measure. In most cases there was no preference of
>one over the other.

Hmmm. There were clear preferences documented.

>There were only foods presented that were nutritious.

Yet dairy and grain were included, which instinctos consider _very_
unhealthy, not nutritious.

Robert: Why are we comparing what Davis did to intincto anyway?
BTW, not all instincto's avoid dairy. There are vegan instincto's and
raw
everything instincto's. You can't make a blanket statement about
instincto's.

>The 3
>children ate various amounts of different food groups. If we as adults
>were presented with only the foods the children were, we probably could
>eat what we preferred from the list and sustain our weight and
>nutritional requirements. Especially sense there were no pizza's, coffee
>nor ice cream or other favorite non nutritional foods presented. Try the
>same experiment today by giving your children vegges and candy and see
>what the results are.
>I have already been there.

And it may be the same with instincto. That is, the results have as
much to
do with avoiding grains, dairy and junk food as it does with the
rawness
and/or the one-food-at-a-atime rule. Who knows?

Robert: I'm still trying to figure out that one too.

Cheers,
Kirt