RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 22:53:12 -0800
i tell you truly, doug wrote, in response to "raw philosophy":

>Thank goodness you just typed this, for a minute I thought you had
>gotten into some cheap dope & wrote it.

>--Doug Schwartz

aloha!
	douglas,
		no cheap dope for the bodhster!  i always sought out the
kindest, dankiest buds, often paying through the nose for humboldt's
finest.  i clearly remember the day in high school when word got back to
me that a more than a few members of the local cannabis youth sub-culture
had taken to the habit of labeling the very best ganga: "bodhi pot."  i
ran home and cleansed my room of all illegal substances & paraphernilia.
if i only had a nickel for every time someone said to me: "bodhi, you'll
smoke pot but you won't eat bread?"  raw foods & cooked air.  stomach &
lungs completely different organs.
	an iridologist i saw back then (oct. '93) mentioned that my
overall health ranked very well, but my one area appeared compromised.
you guessed it: my lungs.  fasting & smoking herb, what a trip!  glad to
say i've put all that smoking foolishness in my past.  perhaps i could
see myself puffing on cedar/willow/(tobacco?) during a native sweat
ceremony, but even then...  we'll see.  for those out there who haven't
parted ways with the sativa weed:  at least use a water pipe.  and
surround your bong with ritual & ceremony.  make it sacred.  and if you
live in california or arizona, get a doctor's prescription!  grow your
own stone!
	myself, i'd like to make hemp leaf juice fresh each day, eat hemp
sprouts, and try eating all parts (root, stalk, flower).  better than
wheatgrass juice?  higher in chlorophyll, with deep roots to bring up
minerals from our living earth.  essential fatty acid content even beats
flax, the present legal alternative.  maybe i could get a "preventative
medicine" prescription?  any doctors on the list? (from ca. or az.)

hemp! hemp! hooray!,
		    bodhi