RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 12:17:03 -0400
A few simple things, I'd appreciate if anyone would comment.

Just how easy or difficult to digest is honey? Is it better to eat it
after or before, say, fruit or RAF?

Is it a bad sign as far as quality goes when one is able to purchase a
whole variety of flavors of honey (wild flowers, fireweed, etc.) while
knowing they are coming from the same manufacturer AND region?  Common
sense dictates that honey should not have one specific flavor (unless
artficially added) and should be a result of bees collecting from any
mixture of flowers available in the region.

I recently tried some of the so-called "non-filtered" or "brut" honey.  It
was more of a solid (creamy and whitish) texture than other
varieties.  What is it exactly?  Is it closer to natural than the
brownish, liquid varieties?

I can hardly see how overeating on honey might be bad for you, given it
is in a state that should be extremely easy to digest in any quantity.
And perhaps it is true that overeating on honey is not easy to do or that
the consequences aren't as bad as say overeating on fruit.
I wonder how any of you (instinctos) determine when to stop with it or
what might it look like to you when you overeat on it.

Thanks.