RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 11:46:14 +0200
> If honey goes into the bloodstream immediately....then I wonder if honey can
> be used just before a physical event to get extra energy in order to perform
> better..... like right before a 2 minute timed push-up event....or 2 mile
> race, etc....

I don't think so. It is like a straw fire. It burns fast and hot.
I most often become kind of hyperactive, even with the best honeys
from ORKOS. (This could also be a detox reaction).

But I can't recommend to eat _any_ specific food to get a specific
reaction. Only the body instinct knows what is best in a given
moment. And eating the wrong stuff would make the body _weaker_
because it would have to handle and excrete that stuff immediately.

I think that a well balanced body always has enough reserves for
the actions that you describe. I suppose that a restful day before
the exertion and eating only carbohydrate rich food, but no really
sweet stuff, will have the best effects on ones condition.

-Karl