RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 05:57:19 -0700
Ben Odom wrote:

> Since I have switched to a mainly raw animal foods diet, my body has become
> quite sensitive/allergic to many cooked/processed foods.  As such, I usually
> cannot even tolerate dried herbal supplements (i cannot find them fresh).
> This includes spirulina and a host of other "natural" supplements.

I have had the same experience, Ben. I seldom have any detox symptoms
anymore after three years of eating raw animal food, but recently tried
some blue gree algae (it didn't taste good) and had severe intestinal
trouble. I have tarragon and basil plants growing in my window in NYC,
which I got from the local farmer's market, and sometimes chew on a leaf

I also take some Mightly Greens, and am not sure whether I should. They
have wheat, barley and Oat greens, but no seeds, so I know there are no
glutens, but they also contain sprouted barely malt, which is a sugar
and somewhat processsed. I think it's OK. It tastes good. I think
maltodextrin is the same sugar and possibly is somewhat processed, like
other things in Mighty Greens, eg. grape skin extract. I'm trying not to
be so rigid about avoiding all toxic substances, and just let my body
guide me.

My best, Ellie