RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 17:58:43 -0400
Hi David,

Thanks for your personal story. :)  You're a great example of a
"decent" person, who LOVES his field, and actually (wonder of
wonders!!) appreciates the education he was able to get in college.

Well, I sure am glad SOMEBODY spoke up! :) I was beginning to think
that maybe there wasn't anybody on this list that had good feelings
about their college education!!. All I can say is, I personally feel
VERY VERY VERY lucky to have had the opportunity to go to college.
And I am SO glad my kids have, too.

I know plenty of people that would give their  EYE TEETH to be
able to go to college - to have access to all that information, all
the books, all that thinking of those who have gone before us!  And
the opportunity to be around people who care about what you care
about, and have a respect
for scholarship, and research, and critical thinking. What can I
say, it sure seems like a great thing to me!! :)

Anyhow, thanks for speaking up! :)

>  How is the summer produce looking this season ?
> We started the spring/summer with a drought here in the SE US,
> but the rain has really pounded the farmers lately, ruining
> staple crops like corn, etc.

Well, our personal garden is doing almost TOO well - it's an
unbelievable jungle of bushy healthy plants (lettuces, cruciferous
veggies, tomatoes, peppers, corn, flowers). And the Whole Foods
market (called "Fresh Fields" up here) seems to have a huge
abundance of anything a person could possibly want in the way of
fresh fruits and veggies. (Although we had that same drought you
spoke of, followed by a cold rainy spell, and now this past week
UNBELIEVABLE heat (maybe not so
unbelievable for y'all down South there, but for us Yanks, even
though we get it every year, we're still completely blown away when
it gets up around 100, and it's ALL that anyone ever talks about.)
=:O

Fortunately, or unfortunately, we are here in the Capital of the
United States, and tomorrow is Independence Day. It's supposed to be
above 100 degrees, hazy hot and humid. We're thinking about going
down to the Mall (where the U.S. Capitol is, and the Washington
Monument) for bombastic fireworks.

Thanks again David. :)

Love Liza
--