RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Mathison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:03:12 EDT
In a message dated 6/28/99 4:16:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>I understand what you are saying, but in the right situation in
>conditions of excess or buildup, raw vegetable foods and stopping meat
>can work wonders, while other very healthy and probably more balanced
>diets over the long run won't be able to perform the 'rescue mission'.
>In other cases like mine, one probably can't go very long without the
>animal proteins without feeling weakened (though people will try to tell
>me otherwise of course).

Paul,

I'm just curious.....  Why would raw animal foods not also remove
toxins
and buildup?  Why are animal foods somehow associated with
contributing
to "toxicity" and vegetables seen as being "clean" and removing
toxicity?
I think raw organic (and/or wild) animal foods can also be very
effective
in removing toxicity from the body (and of course, they are also very
strengthening and building foods).  Whether you agree or disagree with
Mr.
Aajonus Vonderplanitz's way of eating, he seems to have had much
success
reversing a wide variety of serious health conditions including cancer
using raw foods, much of it from animal sources.   Also of importance
is
Dr. Weston Price's comprehensive research in the 1930s ("Nutrition and
Physical Degeneration") showing that animal foods are essential for
good
health and a long life. Of course, there is no question that our
modern
day "production line, hormones and antibiotics added for free" animal
foods are quite toxic, especially since they are almost always eaten
cooked.  But this should not imply that all animal foods are toxic.
So
I think there needs to perhaps be some rethinking of this notion that
animal foods are somehow "toxic".

Steve