RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 12 May 97 15:23:32 -0000

>Zephyr,
>>I've eaten many different brands of frozen durians, and I find that if I
>>let them completley thaw they generally give me little or no "problems".
>>What have you found?  Also, what are the brand names of these Vietnamese
>>durians, and where do you get their champedeks or mangos.  I'm in Santa
>>Barbara and can visit LA for such things.
>
>I have considerable problems with even accidentally cooled down durians,
>that were held at a temperature of some degrees below zero (Celsius), should be
>less than 32F (right?) for some hours.
>My digestion complains. The instinctive stop comes to late and they turn
>to be addictive. Made this experience one time in january 1997 because my
>durians from Orkos got frozen on the way to me (it was damned cold in France and
>in Germany.)

Wait a minute.  How can food become "denatured" if it is frozen by the
weather, the most natural force of all?  Granted, durians wouldn't
encounter freezing unless they were carried up a tall tropical mountains
during the winter, but what about a deer that dies of freezing over
night.  That's not naturally occuring?  There's definitely something
fishy, or deery here.

>Freezing delays or destroys the instinctive stop. I don't recommend frozen
>durians (and frozen fish). Also it is a (weak) denaturation. Bad
>molecules are generated. Overeating frozen RAF is more dangerous than overeating frozen
>fruits since overloading of RAF generally is worse.

I don't reccomend seeking frozen food either, but it still can be natural.

>I must disappoint you with the brand names. My local durians come from a
>company named DEVIKO. This stands for german-vietnamese-cooperation. But
>may be the vietnam people have cooperations with dealers in the U.S. too.

Oh well.

>First try to go to a vietnamese restaurant and find out, where they get
>the food from. Yeah, instinctos back in the restaurant. :-)
>
>Good luck and best wishes for your recovery,

Thank you.
Bye,

Zephyr