RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 16:36:02 -0800
Liza May wrote:
> Do you know anything about "Coleman" out of Colorado U.S.A. ??  This
> is the meat we get in our Whole Foods Supermarket here.  The butcher
> tells me the animals are 100% free-ranging, and are not fed any
> additional grain.  Have you heard anything??
> Love, Liza May ([log in to unmask])

I buy Coleman beef in Los Angeles at Wild Oats markets.  They have
handouts on display from Coleman which say the animals are finished
off with grain.  I trust it since it comes from the company.  Because
of this I have been looking for additional sources.  Kirt mentioned
that he is able to get free range meat in Hawaii.  When I was going
out of town for a couple of weeks, I bought over $90 worth of Coleman
meat individually wrapped.  I ate the last steak on the 18th day aand
found it nourishing and tasty.  I did  not freeze it at any time. It
was refrigerated some of the time and the rest it was in a cooler with
blue ice (a package that you freeze and use to keep things cold).  I
didn't worry about bacteria.  I have been eating this way for almost a
year and feel like my body is healing.  You cannot completely
eliminate bacteria for very long if at all. This is the environment
that all animals including us have and we seem to be able to keep
things in balance.

Dave