RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:55:02 -0400
I received a rather large envelope from Youkta and Viktoras in
the snail-mail yesterday, and thought I would outline some of
the info they sent. Note that I am offering this just as
information for those who might be interested, and have no
affiliation with Viktoras or Youkta. I believe that they
got my address from a live food prep course that I took from
Youkta about 3 - 4 years ago.

The mailing started with a cover letter, describing their 90
acres of land near Hot Springs, AZ, and what facilities are
now available (more on the contents of the letter below).
Attached to the letter was a 2 page essay entitled "The Health
Superhighway of Life", apparently from a publication entitled
The Essene Insight, where Viktoras discusses nutritional
responsibility, including "chlorophyll-rich, alkaline-based,
high oxygen foods like fresh fruits, vegetables, sprouts, and
grasses". The attachments continued with information about
Cell Tech and algae, a dance studio brochure with pictures
of Youkta, and another essay by Elliot Rosn describing
Viktoras's life and work. This essay also stated that the
following new books would be released by Viktoras:

Wheatgrass Works, by Viktoras
Jesus Diet for Your Culinary Sins, by Brother Viktoras and Robert
Happy Belly, or How to Enzymize Your Diet, by Viktoras
Lovers Diet, by Viktoras and Ramesh Lahiri
Celebrations of Life, by Youkta

Evidently, the Lovers Diet is now available, as there is an
order form in the back of this brochure for all of Viktoras's
books and some others as well, such as Brian Clement, Gabriel
Cousins, The Essene Gospel of Peace (yes at 1.00, NFL), and five
books on enzymes. There is also a 1997 picture of Viktoras
and Youkta "Juiced on Bliss", along with the Preface and
table of contents of The Lovers Diet.

Also included in the mailing was a promotion for the Natural
Home & Travel site, which Viktoras says that he played a
integeral part in making this site happen: http://www.naturalusa.com
There was the July-August 1995 New Leaf, The Cell Tech Journal
enclosed as well. Finally, there is a flyer for the Arkansas
Womyn's Festival, June 7 - 14, which some may be interested in:
"Imagine yourself in a loving, supportive circle of womyn, all
coming together to relax and surrender in the clean, fresh air
of the Ouachita mountains! Share in healing, music, sweat lodge,
barter market, childrens circle, sprouting classes, herb walk,
and much more", headlined the flyer.

As alluded above, I will include some sections of the cover letter
which some may find of interest:
----

Dear Friends,

We are writing to you because in some way our paths have crossed, We might
have been negligent in responding to you for a long time, We do aplogize,
hopefully you will understand. We have been understaffed and deeply
involved in the creations that will be described. We are, as always,
commited to the live food lifestyles. We would like to share what we
are doing at this time.

Our 90 acres of land is surrounded by wilderness and national parks. It
is 50 miles from Hot Springs. There are pristine waters for swimming,
pure air, and great trails to walk.

We are in the process of creating a retreat center where seekers can come
to experience the benefits and delights of live food, or a self-healing
system, a wide range of physical fitness programs, and spiritual communion
through personal practices. We are fortunate to have wonderfull neighbors
who are supportive of our growth and construction. The following
projects have been completed for the Arkansas Womyn's Festival of the
Healing Arts:
*A 4000 sq.ft dining hall and live food kitchen.
*Bathing facilites - 7 hot/cold showers, 6 cold showers
* 10 bathrooms with flush toilets;another 10 outhouses with both sitting
and squatting facilities.
* A 5000 sq.ft performing/practice stage with shade cloth. Clear roofing is
being considered with a weather protective awning.
* 2 dorm units for 10 folks per unit
* 2 cement creek cross-over dams
* % Tipis (22ft) and a smaller one for children, with foundations
* A 1000 sq.ft home is being rebuilt as residency and office/library.
* Above-ground platforms for tents
* An 18ft canvas dome with platform

[..]

We are looking to set up 2 gardens - one 1/2 acre of corn, cabbage, and
greens, and an enclosed one for herbs, spices and flowers/berries. We
are looking forward this spring to adding a fruit orchard and berries,
and expanding the orchard in the late autumn.

We are highly overextended and could use some financial assistance, if
you are able. We would offer for the advanced construction funds ($1000
or more) the following:
1. Health vaction at our Resort to LOVE-IN a 50% discount, using the funds
you have advanced us as payment. OR
2. We sign an agreement, whereby the loan would be repaid, within 24 months,
at 8%interest. You will also receive, in grattitude, a free copy with
personal signature and a brief unique channeled note from Viktoras and
Youkta.

[..]
--

The letter goes on to describe the Arkansas Womyn's Festival noted
above, 3 programs of L.O.V.E.I.N (Longevity from Organic Vegitarian

It appears to me that Viktoras is following a similar path that
Gabriel Cousins is doing with his center.

Viktoras lists an email address of [log in to unmask]

Regards,

David