RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 17:26:20 -0400
> you read my mind because i was thinking about babies among other things
> when i wrote.( i thought about hugging too and touching, with the
> evident carrying of animal body)
>
> The fact of the human baby  being one of the most  helpless mammal at
> birth and who  have the  longest maturation time , has  certaily many
> impacts on feeding patterns of humans .And becoming a biped is a clear
> advantage to transport the food to the mother instead of her having to
> search  for herself.

I've been thinking about babies a lot too.

Meredith Small in _Our Babies Our Selves_ might argue that the
helplessness of human babies are a result of the narrowed birth canal
in
bipeds, therefore requiring the infant to be born prematurely. I've
been
doing alot of reading on the subject of babies. Right now I'm reading
Jean
Liedloff's _The Continuum Concept_.  Interesting, if a little dated.

I know this has not much to do with raw food.

Let's see. I also recently finished _Body Ecology Diet_ by Donna
Gates.
Interesting. while she's not a raw foodist she does point out that
it is important to have a large percetage of your diet be fresh/raw.
It
seemed like a sensible guide for someone getting started.

your dried beef is still in my fridge, jean-claude, and one of these
days
I'll bite into it again :)

Lucia