RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 09:56:02 -0500
Jean-Louis:
>>cold, or both. Whatever, when it was over, I didn't feel particularly
>>better (and I decided to keep dairy consumption at no more than 1/4
>>pound/week on average).

Stefan:
>Go for Cassia, if you can! :-)
>By the way (just curious): why do you eat dairy? Is it something you
>couldn't throw overboard yet? Do you feel more balanced with it?

I tried cassia, but I got a stop after 3 disks...

About dairy: I don't think a little dairy can harm me. For 1 year, I didn't have
any dairy, so I wanted to see what happens when you reintroduce it, to see if I
would experience the same side-effects as Burger says in his book, and I didn't.
I didn't have any infections (by the way, I have *never* had any infections in
my life, even on cooked food+dairy, despite injuring myself many times). The
only problem was a little mucus in my throat if I exceeded 1 pound of cheese in
a single day.

I found that raw cheese indeed has a taste-change. Sometimes it is really
delicious, and on other days, it is not more tasty than cardboard. I know that
humans are not perfectly adapted to dairy consumption, but I believe that, when
it tastes great, my body "needs" it, and the benefits outweigh the
inconvenients, provided you are moderate. And besides, I like variety, and it is
a nice treat, that I don't want to give up because of an excessive dogmatism.

An excessive consumption of dairy can be harmful. A moderate one is not, and is
a little pleasure that I have no reason to give up.

>Also I read in the newspaper, that beneficial bacteria of the species
>E-Coli are normally harmless and needed in the intestines, but can
>become dangerous for people with weakened immune system, especially
>AIDS patients.

I also read that E. Coli is harmless, but are you sure it is "needed"?
By the way, because of the antibiotics administered to non-organically farmed
animals, new strains of E. Coli develop, and may be more harmful than the old
ones.

>I am playing with the thought of going to an institute for diseases and
>getting me infected with some TB microbes to test

Well, I would compare your test to a gazelle approaching a lion, to see which
one runs faster!

Side note: as far as vaccinations are concerned, I am ready to accept the risk,
i.e. no be vaccinated against TB, given the very low risk of getting infected.
But I wouldn't get infected voluntarily myself!

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis