RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 10:35:03 -0500
Loren Cordain:
>         When cholesterol containing diets were fed to rabbits, fried or
> hard boiled eggs produced the highest serum cholesterol levels (10-14
> times greater than pre-experimental values), scrambled or baked eggs
> caused elevation of serum cholesterol to 6 to 7 time the
> pre-experimental level.  Raw or soft boiled eggs only increased serum
> cholesterol levels 3 to 4 times the pre-experimental level (4).

"only" 3 or 4 times? I wouldn't like my cholesterol to increase "only" that
amount... On the other hand, eggs are not part of rabbits' natural diet.
I wonder if a diet, high in raw meat, would cause elevation of serum cholesterol
among humans. Some people on the Paleofood list are complaining that their diet
doesn't work as well as expected (concerning weight loss and cholesterol), and
it would be really interesting to know if they would benefit from eating raw or
not.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis