RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 13:53:42 +0000
Ellie:
>If you become addicted or adapted to a food, does it no longer taste good
>to you?

The opposite: it always smells good and tastes (too) good. Mostly there is
only a weak stop. Having finished eating, I feel unsatisfied. Often after
half an hour I feel a need to eat this food again. This shouldn't happen.

Thanks for your help about mature/ripe.

Kirt:
>Sounds like the ultimate-quality beef. Too bad you are only allowed to eat
>it one day a week, eh? This is cult behavior, not instinct.

I must protest. This is not fair. The one-day-a-week-rule is something that
is set for people who work for Orkos. Every guest of the Chateau can choose
of the full range of available products on every day.

Kirt:
>The cynic in me sees that new fear of meat as a ploy to make instincto more
>"politically correct" and less threatening to the vegetarian types. (Red
>meat is evil these days, no?) And it explains away Nicole's death very
>tidily. I'm surprised that Nicole's death didn't change any insider's
>attitude about "meta". Or did it?

It would have been much more cynical if everything went on as it was after
Nicole's dead. It would have shown a certain ignorance.

Of course the consequences of certain experiences are more drastic if it
happens to the pope instead of some minor priest if you understand the
picture. And one may argue that something must happen to the pope until he
gets it (again cynicism.)

But the consequences drawn in this case seem to be plausible to me:
Mr. Burger said, that the outcome of his experimenting with meat finally
was, that meat of cultivated animals (beef, sheep, pork,...) is similar
in cheating the instincts as overbreeded fruits. The latter has been
discussed on this list, a lot of posts came from Thomas Billings. (Wild
versus cultivated fruits,...)
Well, eating too much of overbreeded fruits may cause your teeth to
dissolve/decay or just drive you into a nutritional disbalance and/or
sugar addiction.
And overeating meat can have much more drastic consequences.

Therefore the new rule added to instincto theory was, that one should eat
meat of cultivated animals only if it smells and tastes great and only as
long as it tastes very good. One shouldn't go on until the stop comes.
Generally one should prefer game meat. Consequentially Orkos is offering
much more game meat. This meat gives clear stops. (oh yes!)
All of this sounds reasonable. And it is necessary just because we are
living in today's world with all of its pitfalls. In ancient times there
were no cultivated animals and that's that.

Kirt:
>So what do you eat? Only ORKOS stuff? I am baffled that you appear to have
>pride that you get sick eating organic food. Does this prove you are very
>very Pure?

Be baffled or not but my experience with organic food here in Germany has
shown also that a lot of it is of low quality. The problem is the high
heaps of compost. They are a cooking device, generating temperatures much
higher than 40 degrees Celsius (104F). Thousands of unknown substances
are created in this pretty oven. On the other hand a commercial fertilizer
contains may be 20 to 40 known substances. Therefore it's not so unbe-
lievable that organic food can be drastically worse than commercial one.
Yeah, the pesticides are left out but in get thousands of unknow substances.
Dunno what is better on the long run but several times organically grow
food intoxicated me much more than conventional one.
If U.S. rules for organic farming forbid using of high-heap compost your
supply would have a big advantage. Tell me what you know about these rules.

Kirt:
>If you couldn't explain away the polio with the bananas then you would be
>left with the conclusion that wild nature isn't as perfect as you might
>like it to be. Or you might make up (or adopt) another longshot

At least I had to face the fact that wild animals seem to live with para-
sites (the mongoose, the fishes with their worms,...) and human beings,
even instinctos die of them. A nice evolution that lets those who are
higher in evolution die while the others survive. I wonder how our world
has managed to evolve over the state of bacteria.

Kirt:
>Karl, it almost appears that you have a very weakened digestive system.
>Again, you seem almost proud of this. But, at least you said "most
>instinctos" instead of "all"...;)

I mentioned in an earlier post that the same applies to me. And I know of
other instinctos who consider it to be best, if nothing else is eaten
after mammal meat. Our immune system does the hardest job with this
because the protein structure is very similar to ours. We are genetically
identical 90% or more with mammals. If the immune system would fail
  y o u   would be digested instead of the meat you ate. Nice, eh?
It might be a good idea, not to increase the burden on your digestion
by eating a mono-meal in this case.
But you are free to experiment and I welcome your results.

Kirt:
>This concept of tolerance is quite _needed_ in instincto lore. It can
>provide the fall back excuse when the standard instincto excuses seem
>absurd. One ends up with an empty, yet water-tight, basket.

Yes, the concept is essential. Tolerance is, what your body does to
protect you from the consequences of toxins you ate. If in cooked times
your body would have reacted adequately to the toxins you put in, you
already were dead. Instead it went into tolerance with all the toxins.
Only the worst toxins cause a heavy reaction from time to time.
(This is called disease then. :-))
Didn't you know this concept? And the conclusions, the breaking of
tolerances with raw food?

Kirt:
>Both frozen and fired reactions occur in nature even if humans had never
>evolved. You may be mis-using the word "natural" as well as
>"not-so-natural".

At this point I have a cynical question: Why don't you leave instinctive
nutrition and become a SADer? You might even have the chance to eat food
that has been both: frozen and cooked. Wow!

One personal thing:
Kirt, from reading the archives it seemed that you were enthusiastic
about instincto, just a few months ago. It seemed to work for you and
you seemed to thrive on it. Your arguments about RAF sounded good,
scientifically well reasoned.

And now you seem to be very uncomfortable with instincto. I don't give
this to just the items concerning trichinosis and malaria, coming up in
this list. Could it be that you personally are in a phase of depression?
Where the future seems to be dangerous and dark? Where all your good
ideas have been gone? Where nothing seems to work?
Really, I am very worried about your more and more depressive and cynical
posts.
If I do misinterpret it all, I would be glad if I would be corrected.

Best instinctive wishes,

Stefan