RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
joel strickland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 09:28:13 -0700
The chemical test is inaccurate because it measures both active and
inactive
forms of B12.  The inactive form interferes with the active form.
Bottom line: vegans that eat sea vegetables still get pernicious
anemia.

This page looks reasonable: http://vrg.org/nutrition/b12.htm, and has
references at the end.

As a general principle, I wouldn't take positive research paid for and
presented by companies that benefit from the results as necessarily
objective science.

It's like the milk industry pushing the myth that "milk builds strong
bones" - a pet peeve of mine.