RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 08:55:55 -0800
Hi all,

While surfing I saw the stuff regarding new proposals to lower organic
foods standards in the US.  Of particular interest to me is the
information at
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1527/letters.html
which specifically makes suggestions on what to do.  If anyone can
suggest to me other sites that have specific information that makes it
easy to contact the US gov't officials who will be involved, or about
letter-writing, please let me know.  I intend to upload the URLs of all
useful/helpful sites regarding this issue to my website as soon as I
have enough information.  Ideally I'd like my clients to be able to
quickly download a sample letter complete with mailing address and
protest letter to sign and send.

I am appalled at the proposal - -  "The USDA's Proposed Rule violates
the Act by proposing new definitions, criteria and exceptions that would
allow wide use of synthetic substances in organic foods" from
http://www.living-foods.com/organicstandards.html
Thanks in advance to all who reply,

regards
roberta