RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 06:46:20 -0700
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>:
>in your article you don't say anything about your nutrition. From the contents
>I assume that you are fruitarian, i.e. you eat mostly fruits, nearly no vege-
>tables and no RAF (raw animal food).
>Also you don't mention if you eat instinctively which would be important to
>know.

Tom:
I was a fruitarian for nearly all of the 1970's, but left that diet long ago.
My current diet is more varied, being predominantly sprouts and raw veggies,
with some fruit. I also consume small amounts of raw goat milk. I am not an
instinctive eater, but find the philosophy interesting.

Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>:
>Eating mostly fruits and nearly no vegetables drives you into a nutritional
>disbalance which could also be the reason for the non-digestion of fruits.

Tom:
That can be a factor. Another factor is that when one eats almost all fruits,
sugar addiction is almost unavoidable, leading to overeating, which is another
factor in decreasing digestive fire.

Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>:
>Instinctive nutritions says, that you   m u s t   eat vegetables to be in
>balance   e a c h   day! Also low weight is caused by eating too much fruits.

Tom:
The other instinctive eaters on this list might want to comment on this.

Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>:
>A last thing: if your fruits come from the normal fruit markets they are
>very likely to be grown in conventional agriculture. This means they are
>what instinctos call "empty". The consist of water and little vitamins and
>minerals. They can't give your body what it needs. Maybe they are passed
>through then because your body can't find enough useful things in them.

Tom:
I agree that conventional fruits are deficient in everything, except for sugar
content. I did a table that compares wild and modern fruits; I won't repost it
as I posted it a few weeks ago. If you wish, I can e-mail a copy to you.

Thanks for your interesting comments!

Regards,
Tom Billings