RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 10:24:24 -0700
In that case, the MDs said her (the Mother's) B-12 stores were
depleted, hence the breastmilk had little/no B-12. B-12 deficiency takes a
long time for symptoms to occur in adults, but it works rapidly in infants
and babies
Tom Billings

We are new to the list. I believe Ingrid and Jean-Claude may remember "us"
as the NeanderTwins from the Paleolist.
I guess we are a little confused, as we have read that B-12 and the
B-complex as a whole, are not stored.  Isn't the excess of these vitamins
secreted and therefore need continuous replacement?  We believed the body
uses what it needs from each dose received and then excretes the rest. The
amounts needed daily are small  and yes the lack of these vitamins takes a
long time to show adverse symptoms in adults.  If the mom was not getting a
good source of B's (don't they have to come together for maximum usage?)
then of course the baby would be deficient.
Kendra and Karen, The NeanderTwins