RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Brassil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 23:07:26 +0100
Hello Lisa. To answer some of your questions. Yes I am aware of the Taliban
regime and I do condemn its appalling treatement of women and children. It
is Muslim fundamentalism gone mad. However there are millions of Afgans who
do not support  and are
not part of this regime. These are the people, the innocents who do not
deserve to die.
 Many people I have spoken to here say
that there are not happy with the fact that the American  planes have
refuelled here.
Ireland remained neutral for the past two world wars and many of us  want it
to remain like this.

Let us also not forget that England lived with the fear of terrorist attack
from Ireland(IRA)for many years and when London and Manchester were bombed
the English did not seek out revenge by bombing us.

Yes  I would hate to live  there as a Muslim woman as  I value my rights and
freedom but I am not afraid of the rantings and threats of Bin Ladden. If
his wish is to rid the world of non Muslims it is a wish that has no basis
in reality.

I do not believe that Afganistan is developing along quite nicely. I oppose
the repression and the massacres of the Taliban government. I think the
country is in a mess and it is hard to know what to do. I just would hate to
hear if  thousands of innocent people were bombed in the pursuit of Bin
Ladden. The damnable thing about terrorists is that they are hard to find
and I dont think bombing people is the way to go about it.

Don't forget that Afganisatan already had western intervention when arms
were given to them(by America)  in their fight against Russia. Look at what
happened afterwards.
There are no victors in war. Only death and destruction and broken spirits.
I wish you and people everywhere peace.
Yours,
Martha