RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Boyar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 97 11:08:03 -0700
>Hi All,

>I am feeling nervous after reading the letter from Dr. Klapper about
>Zephyr's illness and I hope it's a bit of hypochondria on my part, but
>I'd be grateful for support and feedback. I've been eating RAF since Jan
>96 mostly chicken and eggs. Since Jan 97 I've added fish and meat, also
>started cassia this year. Last week I noticed a slight woozy feeling in
>my head and an increase in the number of bowel movements which are loose.
>About 10 years ago, when I returned from China I had these symptoms, much
>more severe however, and I did have a parasite, lasted about a year and I
>eventually took lots of anitbiotics to get rid of it. Last week when I
>noticed these symptoms I thought it was a good sign that I was detoxing
>old stuff. Now after thinking about Dr. K's letter, I'm a bit scared that
>I might have another parasite. I even thought of cooking up some herbs
>from Chinatown, but I got rid of my stove last year. I hope I am reacting
>hysterically and will calm down. But I would appreciate any feedback.
>
>My best, Ellie

Dear Ellie,

You might have some blood testing done and see if your immune system is
challenged, and do a stool sample test to see what they find, if
anything.  After watching Zephyr nearly die, I consider your reaction
intelligent rather than hypochondriacal.

Good luck, and let me know if I can be of help,

Deborah