RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:59:37 -0700
> Loren:
> >True carnivores don't just eat the muscle, which is the most
> >acid-forming... I could give you lots more reasons why we're
> >not carnivores, but there have been many books written on that
> >subject...
>
> Tom:
> The "humans are not carnivores" argument is really a straw argument.
> Humans are omnivores/faunivores, we are not true carnivores.

Carol:
Besides, it is only the "civilized" meat eaters who eat hardly any
part of an animal but the muscle.  There are plenty of people for
whom the entrails and other parts which others find disgusting are
delicacies and the first to be eaten.  I once saw film of a group
of African men hunting a giraffe.  When they first cut it open,
they grabbed the intestines and made a game of eating them, one
guy on one end and one guy on the other, munching toward each other.
And man, were they lovin' it!

:)