RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:15:38 -0400
On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Paul Reynolds wrote:

> Does eating cooked not have any immediate negative effect on him? I would
> think once a person does mostly or all-raw and enjoys the benefits or sees
> symptoms or conditions lessen or disappear they usually would want to
> stick to it.

my husband has never done all raw. I make sure he gets more raw than
cooked as much as I can. When I met him he did not eat salad. he was
living on mostly peanut butter, nuts, raisins, french fries and
coffee.
right.  We went through a detox program together two years ago and we
gave
up the coffee, meat, sugar, and dairy. Then I started in with the raw.
He
craves fried food. He knows french fries are bad, but he still has
sauteed
tempeh in olive oil with fruit, for breakfast. He cmae up with this by
himself and makes it for himself.  I do think he is finally beginning
like salad after living with me the past 4 years but it has been
painful
going at times. His office mate can't understand how he can eat what
he
brings to work for lunch. I prepare these Walker type salads of raw
fruits/veggies and soaked nuts and raisins for him to take to work.
And we
make chile and he has some of that everyday. He has a blood sugar
problem
and does better with some cooked beans or lentils every day. He used
have rice but was feeling sluggish from it and quit.

> I wonder
> how the food situation will play out with me if I get into a serious
> relationship. I think if I ever have kids my partner would have to share
> most of my beliefs (at least on things like vaccinations and Halloween) or
> it just wouldn't work.

what are you beliefs about halloween? are you referring to the candy
gathering or something else? My mother used to buy the candy off of
us.

As a mother, I would expect to have complete say over my children's
diet
in the early years, thereby setting good habits and tastes for healthy
food that provides a basis for later in life. And I expect my husband
will
back me up.

Lucia