RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 12:40:11 -0400
I have reread the suggested material.  I had read it previously.
thanks.

1. b12 - When I was tested for b12, I was found to be marginally
deficient,
and b12 tabs corrected the readings.
What was interesting was that I was a vegetarian (50% raw)for 18
years,
eating very little animal products over that period.  This points to
sufficient internal synthesis of b12, seems to me.

2. I didn't see any discussion of the human capabilities of digesting
animal
products, with respect to the commonly stated issue of insufficient
acidity
of the digestive system (stomach).

3. Regarding the material on brain size: thought provoking and
plausible.
Not really any way for me to know if my diet is sufficient in all
nutrients,
and low in antinutrients, which is my goal, I suppose.

side note:  I just ordered a copy of raw eating.
Should be interesting to compare for myself.