RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 22:31:14 -0500
>From Zephyr:

Keep eating raw food.  Remain open to the possibility that your
understanding of "hostile" is not the ultimate understanding.  I agree that
forceful, clear, impassioned communication is greatly lacking in the world.
 But I don't think that you understand my consideration.  Observe how a
baby communicates.  Observe how a yogi communicates.  Indeed, observe how
that monkey communicates.  There are qualities there to understand, to
emulate, to see how we/you are not, despite our food choices.  Understand
why Gandhi was succesful.  Understand also why Hitler and the American
Dairy Farmers are.  There are many ways to communicate.  Words can be
"true" and accurate, but one might be actually "communicating" something
else.

>But, just how "compassionate" are we supposed to be when we see 90 million
>animals being tortured every year and millions of parents undermining the
>health of their innocent children.

Even more so.  Do you remember the movie Conan?  The villain played by
James Earl Jones showed a sublime lesson in the movie.  Conan and the
villain were standing in a sunken room, with disciples of the villain
standing 20ft above them on another floor.  He asked Conan, "which is
stronger flesh or steel?"  Early in his life he killed Conan's people with
steel, but after he asked the question he gestured to a female disciple of
his to jump down to them into the pit.  She unhesitatingly jumped to her
death. Flesh is more powerful than steel.

When you communicate, in the book, here on the Veg/Raw list, I feel steel
from you.  I can feel in your communications to me how you feel separate
from me.  I don't feel you feeling me/us, I feel you rapping,
prosyletizing, screaming.  My prediction is that like chemical fertilizer
you will appear to be creating change/creating food, but in truth you will
have not strengthened the soil.

I believe to create true transformation we must be master gardeners - to be
able to grow plants on concrete.  All I'm really saying to you, NFL, is to
be aware of how masterful and compassionate and understanding you will need
to be to be the people who can manifest the dreams you speak of.

>If you favor a powerful approach to the world's problems -- you'll like
>our book.

I feel you are naive about what power is.  You grew up in a culture that
assoiciated power with mutated masculine force.  Sonia Johnson <sic>, a
beyond feminist author has the phrase, "the men is weakness" when refering
to people holding political office.  Weak because they need to control,
dominate, be loud, and feel important.  I recommend reevaluating your ideas
and imprints about power.  Look and see how raw food communicates and how
it is powerful.  It is not hostile, not self-righteous, not making cooked
food wrong, it simply is being beautiful, attractive, inspiring, in and of
itself.  It spontaneously inspires devotion by how nourishing and delicious
it is.

If you are going to put yourselves out as a/the voice of nature, you ought
to really see what nature is and how and when you aren't coming from
nature.

You can just blow me off, again, or you can listen to what I am saying.  I
am not your enemy, I'm your ally.

Aloha,

Zephyr