RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 17:27:18 +0000
Peter: (answering to Bo7b)
>So, yes, I am for the vote which makes me curious if there
>is any (alternative) psychology school of thought that you do subscribe
>to and if so which one.
..
>Even if you did perform some of
>these tests, I am sure you will admit to the possibility of your
>pro-Burger bias influencing the outcome if only unconsciously - after
>all he is in your opinion a genius which could quite likely open the
>door to some serious projection on your side.

Personally I am a very sceptical mind. I distrust all authorities and
"general" knowledge. I always want to find out, if it also applies to
my reality.

One good example for "general" knowledge is the menstruation of women:
"Everyone" knows they are bleeding more or less heavily each month
(or each 28 days or whatever).

Under a raw-food regimen nearly all women watch their bleedings to
decrease from month to month and in some cases to disappear comple-
tely! But they are still fertile.
Female children at Montrame reared on instinctive nutrition since
birth are said to have no menstruation at all.
(Come up, Judy, Ellie, Martha, Vickie, Liane, Trish and all other
"raw" women: what are your experiences?)

So what "everyone" knows might turn out to be the knowledge about
99.9999 percent of the population of our planet: cooked fooders.

The same applies to any psychological "knowledge" and conclusions.
This makes me very cautious if applying "general" knowledge to some
cases where raw-fooders or instinctos are involved.

I'm very sceptical, that my blood fat values meet the average of a
cooked fooder (but they did :-)). I'm also sceptical, that my blood
pressure is the average (a very small poll among instinctos gave
the result, that it is below the average and sometimes so low, that
a cooked M.D. would be in serious sorrow).
Further one of my favorite hypotheses is, that fear, jealousy and
zealotry are cooked feelings, i.e. they would have never showed if
we humans had stayed raw. I also count reasonless aggressivity to
be a cooked feeling.

Whether my hypotheses are right or not, there remains my scepticism,
that knowledge about cooked fooders can be used on raw ones.
This is one of the reasons I was so cautious with the case of Mr.
Burger.

Instinctive sceptical wishes,

Stefan