RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 14:21:15 -0700
Ellie:
>All of the addictions are based on the original addiction to
>people called co-dependency. The addictions to food, alcohol, etc, are
>tips of the iceberg

Sheila:
I feel instinctively the above statement is true of me. I am one year out
of my 'bulimic' behaviors and returned to visit an old friend last Xmas.
Not a pleasant scene and I found I regressed to co-depependent behaviors.
It was an eye-opener for me and now I understand more profoundly the
people/food trade-off in my life.

Jean:
>The foods eaten during binges are usually
>> high in fat and carbohydrates, easy to eat, don't require any preparation,
>> and are the "forbidden foods" (chocolate, cookies, ice creams...)

Ellie:
>it is still a problem for food addicts no matter what they eat.

Sheila:
In my early stages of bulimia I made up for lost time on junk food or
'forbidden foods.' Later on and in healing the constipation, ate more and
more raw, the cravings for the bad foods diminished, I had exhausted them
through overuse and grew to dislike them. However, I still overate the
living foods or vegan fare, ie enormous salads etc.

Kind Regards,
Sheila Shea
http://www.sheilas.com
http://listserv.azstarnet.com/cgi-bin/lwgate/INTEST_HEALTH/