RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Irene King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:09:35 PST
All I know is that after several months on a strict 100% raw vegan diet,
little things started happening which sent me to steaming some veggies,
cooking some starches and adding animal food to my diet again.  Skin
started looking rough and hair began to shed at a greater-than-normal
rate.  Skin is already clearing up and hair is starting to settle its
exodus.  What's even better is that my weight is great!

I think that cooking proteins is harmful depending on the way it's
cooked and the type of protein that it is. I think that cooking some
proteins is also necessary (in spite of carcinogens) in order to make
certain nutrients available.  I don't have any references, just a
feeling.

Irene